Sunday, April 14, 2013

Cherry Blossom Parade...National Edition

A few weeks ago I was notified of the mandatory Paris pre-departure orientation that was to take place at Georgetown University on the week of April 11th. My attendance was...well...mandatory... So, after a bit of planning it seemed that we were going to have a lovely series of days. But what we were not prepared for was the amount of beauty we would be treated to that weekend... Now, I must explain...over the past few weeks we out here in Buffalo we have been exposed to all sorts of weather phenomena...to make long story short everything that can fall from the sky has. So in that time we have been occupied by a selfish gloating that Washington D.C. has been experiencing something similar, with low temperatures and unfortunate weather which has led to the delay of the National Cherry Blossom Festival. However, what luck! Just on the week of the 11th, D.C. was supposed to have an unusually warm spell of weather with temperatures in mid 80's. Which means... the cherry blossoms were going to treat us to a beautiful display... And my goodness did they explode in all their glory!!! This was the loveliest, most beautiful long weekend we have had in years. So, I would like to deviate from my usual Paris-oriented posts and devote my post to the glories of the National Cherry Blossom Festival 2013. I wish I could share all of my shots with you, but there are just too many!!!!



















































































Moi in action

2 comments: