Saturday, March 30, 2013

Breaded...

Baking is something that has been central to our family tradition. In Russia, my childhood memories have been filled with pies, breads and a great deal of wonderful baked delights created by my grandmother, my mother, or either of my aunts. And now, with Easter just around the corner, many families like my own have devoted a great portion of today's day to creating traditional Easter breads in lieu of tomorrow's celebration. In the mean time, as I continue to prepare for my Parisian adventures, I come to find that the French are not that different... Just think back to the common cliché largely associated with Paris... that of the beret-clad French strolling down the Parisian boulevards with baguettes tucked under their arms... And as it turns out, this notion is not too far off... for the baguette is a central part of the French lifestyle, as is the croissant. Plus, I have received a great deal of reassurances from French acquaintances I have made abroad, such as a French bakery owner in Barcelona who has reassured me that "en France, [I] shall neva go 'ungry..."thanks to the incredible boulangeries spread around Paris and its surroundings.   Therefore,  I would like to devote today's post to the craft of the French boulangerie...

La boulangerie 
Fresh baguette
Morning delivery
Fresh croissants
Bread in the making
Pain au Chocolat

No comments:

Post a Comment