Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Dilemma of a Good Umbrella...

 
        Two years ago, as England held its breath in anticipation of the royal wedding, I was packing my luggage... That's right...I was going to take London by storm with my shiny, new wardrobe filled with crisp trenches, turtlenecks in different hues of pastel, dresses for the theater, the nightclub, and a few outfits for that oh-so-romantic occasion or two... I had done my research. Comfortable walking shoes?Check. Shoes for a more serious outing? Check. Silk scarves, accessories, casual and formal outwear, travel outwear...Check. Check. Check. Pills? Camera? Also check! But alas... There was one item on my list which blew the entire operation... My umbrella...

       Goodness! I had gotten so carried away with the whole notion of street chic that I had made the mistake of purchasing a "good" umbrella. Unfortunately, my definition of a "good" umbrella was a stylish designer umbrella. I wanted something which would stand out... Something which would not be seen worn by every fellow American I encountered. And after browsing through various sites I had found it! It was a love at first sight... The Pasotti Ombrelli. These have to be the loveliest and most unique umbrellas one can find on the market. Surprisingly, they are even wallet-friendly compared to some of the other designer umbrellas out there!!! :) So, this was a done deal...
                                                 
                                                 Pasotti Ombrelli... 
       I took my Pasotti with me to London, and lo and behold! After using it for the very first time, the roses which were part of the design came flying off! Then came a stronger rain shower, and much to my dismay, I found myself being drenched by rain drops coming through the umbrella!!! And from that point on, well... Let's just say that it was "raining on my parade"...

      Sadly, my "wet" luck found me again in the summer that followed when I toured the Tokyo area of Japan with my father...during the monsoon season!!!


                  Our "wet" outing to the Nikko Complex in Japan

     So, as I prepare my trip to Paris where sadly there will be rain, I am anxious to find a good designer umbrella...yet again! Currently I have my eye on the Tory Burch 3t Tory Umbrella, but having a mixed experience with the Tory Burch brand, I guess I'll just have to wait and see!!! Cross my fingers!!!



Image 1 courtesy of  http://weheartit.com/entry/8522783
Image 2 courtesy of  http://www.fashionavecpassion.com/small-works-of-art-to-protect-you-from-rain/
                                     

1 comment:

  1. how did you get so many followers and readers? i just started blogging and am abit lost.

    ReplyDelete