Friday, March 29, 2013

La Dolce Vita

When in France, I will be doing some tasting...wine tasting...a lot of it... And all this talk of Burgundy, Bordeaux, Champagne, Alsace and Loire regions got me thinking back to incredible time I had spent savoring the delights of Tuscany. This, combined perhaps with a little bit of guilt for never documenting the experience, is why today I've decided to deviate from my Paris-based posts, and shift the focus to my time in the Tuscany region...

My first wine reception held at the Villa Rossa of Syracuse University of Florence
The main house at the Chianti estate of my Italian host family
The view of the Chianti vineyards from the estate. 
My host family at the dinner table
Homemade pasta
If you don't see the rooster on the label, then it's not a "real" Chianti...
The wine cellars at Castello di Querceto 
A lovely outdoor cafe in Greve in Chianti 
What can you say, I heart Chianti!!

No comments:

Post a Comment